Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to The Dispossessed podcast?
I know this is Lone Raven's project so someone here will know.

I downloaded all of these, and deleted all but a couple for room before I could listen to them. I don't have internet out here in the country except through my phone, and my limited data plan means I have to do all my podcasts, movies and music at intervals when in Wi-Fi. 

Anyway I listened to "nature" and "ethics" while gutting an RV and really enjoyed them. Funny how Osmia's perspectives reminded me of Bellamy's (he's the only place I've heard of the ichneumon wasp and I think he also jokes about cyanobacteria). 

The site seems to be gone now...any idea where I can get the other three (I think) episodes? And why it seems to have been scrubbed?
It hasn't been scrubbed. Still where it always was:-

https://dispossessblog.wordpress.com

As for what happened to it... well, in short, Osmia and I began it as a series of conversations that explored topics we found interesting, but in the end, Osmia no longer wanted to continue. There was some reference to the idea (which I would of course argue against) that I am somehow possessed by geist.

I should add that I am very interested in continuing to discuss the more nuanced aspects of meta-ethics and human ethology and the relationship they have with the ongoing process of civilization. Anyone wanting to have such a conversation should get in touch with me. loneraven@writeme.com
(Thu, 27 Apr 2017 03:25:19 +0000, 03:25 AM)WaldnPwnd Wrote: Funny how Osmia's perspectives reminded me of Bellamy's (he's the only place I've heard of the ichneumon wasp and I think he also jokes about cyanobacteria).

Osmia and I have hung out and talked many times, so we've found common ground on a number of things. There is less of that now, I think.

I put considerable effort into increasing anti-civer (do we have a noun for ourselves on this board?) awareness of some of the world's weirder organisms in order to decenter Humanism, and I was really happy to see Dispossess talk about some of them.
Thanks lone raven, I just joined the internets last month and am still getting used to the emails from strange women, the Google, that everything is illuminated...sometimes I can't find things.

I'm looking forward to hearing the other episodes,