Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liatris
I'm Liatris - the liatris is my favorite wildflower that's native to where I grew up, where it's commonly called the gayfeather. 

I'm new to the anti-civ milieu but am increasingly convinced of its value as a contemporary descriptive project. My background is revolving around post-structuralist anarchism and queer theory and I'm excited to find illuminating connections between these and anti-civ theory and action. John Moore's writings are some of my favorite anti-civ texts and I take great inspiration from David Watson too. 

I'm a chronic optimist who doesn't fear the apocalypse. I believe in always seeking out what is sacred and inaccessible and profaning it through positivity. The locus of all of my politics and ideas is in the pursuit of ethical affirmation and philosophical nomadism, Rosi Braidotti best sums up what I mean:

"Ethics is therefore the discourse about forces, desires, and values that act as empowering modes of being, whereas morality is the established sets of rules. Philosophical nomadism shares Nietzsche’s distaste for morality as sets of negative, resentful emotions and life-denying reactive passions. Deleuze joins this up with Spinoza’s ethics of affirmation to produce a very accountable and concrete ethical line about joyful affirmation." 

So it's with great joy that I welcome the death of civilization and the birth of new visions of liberation yet to be seen on the horizon!
Hallo Liatris,

Welcome! I agree that there's lots of good stuff coming out of the anti-civ milieus. Moore and Watson are good. Do you like Perlman? He's my personal favourite.

It's good to have optimists on board. Personally, I think that there's no hope, no future; but I see it as something of a duty to act as if there were.

Since you're a post-structuralist, I hope to see many Foucaultian analyses from you! I think his work is very illuminating and valuable.

I hadn't heard of Braidotti, so thank you for prodding me into checking her out!

I hope you'll both find value in, as well as contribute value to, anti-civ.org.
(Tue, 04 Apr 2017 10:54:37 +0000, 10:54 AM)alexander Wrote: Hallo Liatris,

Welcome! I agree that there's lots of good stuff coming out of the anti-civ milieus. Moore and Watson are good. Do you like Perlman? He's my personal favourite.

It's good to have optimists on board. Personally, I think that there's no hope, no future; but I see it as something of a duty to act as if there were.

Since you're a post-structuralist, I hope to see many Foucaultian analyses from you! I think his work is very illuminating and valuable.

I hadn't heard of Braidotti, so thank you for prodding me into checking her out!

I hope you'll both find value in, as well as contribute value to, anti-civ.org.

I find that I'm often caught in a paradox of really believing in the case for ethical affirmation and also the form of anti-civ queer nihilism/pure anti-social negativity produced out of Baedan. I really appreciate both but they don't seem to ever congeal together well. 
And Braidotti is one of the leading academics who is pushing for a feminist posthumanist politics via cybernetic/technological coupling. Most primitivists will really dislike her; she's a leading scholar of Deleuze and Foucault (both were her teacher at one point) so I swallow the cyber-optimism for the genius theory found in between.