Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti-civ goes pop
«Children of Ted: Two decades after his last deadly act of ecoterrorism, the Unabomber has become an unlikely prophet to a new generation of acolytes.»

This article has got Kaczynski, Jacobi, Kingsnorth, DGR, Atassa, ITS—in mainstream media. It's kind of odd. Of course it is missing Heidegger, Ellul, Camatte, Mumford, Illich, Næss, Watson, Perlman, Zerzan, Sale… any real seminal thinker you could care to name. To me this signals that the article is not primarily about ideas, but about this weird modern phænomenon that the mainstream doesn't fully understand. Still interesting though.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/12/t...lytes.html
John Jacobi sexually assaulted a friend of mine.  They are scum.
(Wed, 12 Dec 2018 19:15:04 +0000, 07:15 PM)BeerNRage Wrote: John Jacobi sexually assaulted a friend of mine.  They are scum.

You signed up just to post that accusation?
I have met Aragorn! once. He was pretty friendly and chill tbh. I haven't heard anything about him involving abuse, no.

I didn't sign up just to post about Jacobi, but figured while I was here and he was the subject, I'd get it out there.
(Sat, 15 Dec 2018 21:27:06 +0000, 09:27 PM)BeerNRage Wrote: I have met Aragorn! once.  He was pretty friendly and chill tbh.  I haven't heard anything about him involving abuse, no.

I didn't sign up just to post about Jacobi, but figured while I was here and he was the subject, I'd get it out there.

You registered the same day as your post.

I just think we have to be very careful with accusations like these.
Yes, I happened to register the same day, and this was one of my first posts. For someone asking me to be careful with accusations, you sure are accusatory :)

As for being careful, I'm being about as careful as I can be. A friend that I have known for some time directly told me that they were assaulted. This isn't a case of third party information, it's directly from the person who was assaulted.
Fine. I'm not accusing you of anything, especially not sexual assault, which is what I meant by "accusations like these".

When someone comes out of the woodwork to post a serious accusation on the same day they register, it just raises a flag, that's all. I'm sure you can understand how it might look to others.
(Wed, 12 Dec 2018 22:41:26 +0000, 10:41 PM)@demon Wrote: [Edited by alexander] Good to know. Got any dirt on Aragorn! and sexual abuse you'd like to share?

I edited this since a! (who's a poster on this forum) asked me to undoxx him, which I'm happy to do. I will also ask that you don't do that again, please.

Secondly, as someone has pointed this post out to me, I want to express my immense disappointment in your politicising sexual assault in this bizarre on-line NA anarchist sectarianism that's going on lately. I thought that the post you made in Jacobi's introduction thread was reasonable and fine. But what you're doing here belittles victims of sexual assaults for reasons of personal vendetta. As always, I'm not in the habit of censorship, nor will I ever be—I'd sooner just abandon the site, but I want to express clearly how vile I found this post.
Alex you didn't seem to care much when I got doxed: https://anti-civ.net/showthread.php?tid=...83#pid1983

I'm not going to participate here any longer. You could have consulted me about this, but instead you contacted the accused abuser, and censored me. Go to hell.
1. I have previously helped you out in precisely this regard. If you had asked me, I would have done something about that post too. I only did something about yours, because a! asked me too.

2. The way you are asking on a public forum for sexual assault "data points" is using tragic incidents as instrumental to your cause of "making 'assaulters' pay". This is not okay. In fact, it is the quintessence of the technological-ontological mode of revealing that holds sway in modern civilisation.

3. If a! (or anyone else that I know) has indeed every sexually abused someone, I would certainly not take that lightly. Your post might be vile, but sexual assault is orders of magnitudes worse.

Lastly, I will add that I think it is sad that we cannot speak to each other plainly, without it ending up with "fuck you"s and "go to hell"s. I am sorry that I have misjudged the character of our relationship. I expressed disappointment because I wanted to let you know how I felt, because I care. Furthermore, your analyses of me—the ones from which you conclude you want nothing to do with me—are incorrect.

Be well.