Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
let's settle this once and for all
I'm a Communist. As far as I can tell there will be no end exploitation save the abolition of capitalism and I don't see where civilization has anything to do with it. This is not the point however, I can argue about capitalism vs. civilization another time.

My main point of contention with anti-civ is something personal to me. I have a girlfriend who is transgender and I'm worried what would happen to her if she were to live in a technology-less post-civ world. She needs modern medicine so that she can transition and I can't ever see her departing from that. 

I know accusations of transphobia against anti-civ is common. So I'm here to settle this once and for all. in your own words, how can my trans girlfriend exist in a world that doesn't meet her needs?
If hard work pays show me rich donkey
I'm not sure you'll get many replies here, because I don't think anyone on this forum is advocating a world that doesn't meet her needs.
(Tue, 18 Sep 2018 05:21:10 +0000, 05:21 AM)Lilith Wrote: I'm a Communist. As far as I can tell there will be no end exploitation save the abolition of capitalism and I don't see where civilization has anything to do with it. This is not the point however, I can argue about capitalism vs. civilization another time.

My main point of contention with anti-civ is something personal to me. I have a girlfriend who is transgender and I'm worried what would happen to her if she were to live in a technology-less post-civ world. She needs modern medicine so that she can transition and I can't ever see her departing from that. 

I know accusations of transphobia against anti-civ is common. So I'm here to settle this once and for all. in your own words, how can my trans girlfriend exist in a world that doesn't meet her needs?

People who are anti-civ are generally supportive of trans folk. As for transitioning with modern medicine, it may not be necessary. People in traditional cultures who were 'two-spirits' or 'many spirits' did not have access to modern medicine and accepted the fact that their bodies were different from their gender. And the communities they lived in also accepted their transgender nature.

Modern Western societies only seem to accept two genders, and one must look either physically male or physically female. This may be part of the reason why trans people feel the need for medical and surgical alterations....to be able to fit in to social expectations and norms. In a loving and accepting community, trans persons may not feel the need to physically alter themselves. I could be wrong.