Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French environment minister ragequits government
The French environment minister, Hulot, just QQ'd the government. «He said he felt "all alone" while trying to advance green policies in the government.»

A summary of what he said:
  • The French government's lack of progress on steps to tackle climate change, defend biodiversity and address environmental threats resulted in an "accumulation of disappointments."
  • "I don't want to lie any longer. I don't want to maintain the illusion that my presence in government means that we are meeting these environmental challenges."
  • "France is doing more than a lot of other countries. Do not make me say that it is doing enough. It is not doing enough. Europe is not doing enough. The world is not doing enough.

I assume everyone on this forum figured this out a long time before Hulot.

https://www.dw.com/en/french-environment...a-45251644
Perhaps Hulot will appear in this forum. It was after after studying environmental science that I saw the facade crumble to nothing.
Far far, very far from enough, probably still going in the opposite direction.
But still my hat off.
Nicolas Hulot is a controversial personality.
It is true that he was trying to act for the climate, but on the other hand, this guy is a supporter of French industrial capitalism ... An annotated: Although saying himself "ecologist", he was not against nuclear power plants. That tells you a lot about the character.
He wanted an ecological transistion, a gigantic "green washing" of the French industry ... Now we know that the technoindustrial civilization can not be reformed.
He has resigned, but that does not change the problem.

Niakine YAPATCHEF