Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New England green nihilist/anarchist
Hello!

Been an ecology-minded anarchist for several years (used to be a Bookchinner, lol!), got into anti-civ/post-left a few years back, also interested in practical permaculture, forest gardening, and less-destructive horticulture. 

Not really super into the survivalist/wild skills. But I do like to gather wild foods and want to expand my skills in identifying and preparing wild foods, fibers, etc. 

kinda animist/pagan but also a nihilist about it. i'm more interested in myth-making, story-telling, "finding my tribe," and loose ritual as "useless expenditure/excess" than in any greater meaning. there's a tension between embracing the empty void where there is no meaning and a mental state where i embrace the pulsing energy of everything.

i have one project: Green Anarchy New England. there's a fb just to share interesting articles and events. I'll be tabling at the Lowell anarchist bookfair on August 25th if anyone is in the region. 

If anyone is in the Boston area I would love to work on things together or even just chill with a fellow feral one. 

favorite reads: Backwoods journal, Baedan, Desert, Against His-story, Accursed Share and anything from Acephale

favorite tunes: black metal and adjacent styles. Summoning, Rotting Christ, Myrkur are some recent bands i've been listening to a lot. 

very interested in what anti-civ anarchists can do, besides reading and day-dreaming of the forest, to live ferally in places not the "backwoods," especially in a large urban city.
Hallo & welcome! There's several anarchists on here, but I don't know if anyone's from New England. But I've met and hung out with people through this site, so it's definitely not impossible!

I think you're the first person I've ever seen mention Summoning without being introduced to them by me. I grew up a Tolkien geek and was way into RPGs and similar things, and Summoning play well with those interests. Are you perchance also into Bal-Sagoth? They're different from Summoning, but familiar, in a warm and fuzzy kind of way. Like I always say: the only metal worth listening to is about Lord of the Rings or Lovecraft! ;)
(Wed, 18 Jul 2018 22:07:01 +0000, 10:07 PM)alexander Wrote: Hallo & welcome! There's several anarchists on here, but I don't know if anyone's from New England. But I've met and hung out with people through this site, so it's definitely not impossible!

I think you're the first person I've ever seen mention Summoning without being introduced to them by me. I grew up a Tolkien geek and was way into RPGs and similar things, and Summoning play well with those interests. Are you perchance also into Bal-Sagoth? They're different from Summoning, but familiar, in a warm and fuzzy kind of way. Like I always say: the only metal worth listening to is about Lord of the Rings or Lovecraft! ;)

Used to love Bal-Sagoth. Haven't been able to get back into them though in years. Too bad there isn't any anti-civ black metal. Well, Thou is anti-civ but they're more doom which is ok but not really my thing unless i'm in that mood. 

Have you heard of Downfall of Nur? They could be considered anti-civ black metal. Pretty good stuff, very atmospheric.
Hey
I am also an anarchist with a leaning towards egoism. I'm also into horticulture. I heard about forest gardening for the first time a few weeks ago, it something Id differently want to look more into.

Welcome!
(Wed, 18 Jul 2018 22:57:59 +0000, 10:57 PM)Akephalos Wrote: Used to love Bal-Sagoth. Haven't been able to get back into them though in years. Too bad there isn't any anti-civ black metal. Well, Thou is anti-civ but they're more doom which is ok but not really my thing unless i'm in that mood. 

Have you heard of Downfall of Nur? They could be considered anti-civ black metal. Pretty good stuff, very atmospheric.
I hadn't! So I'm listening to them right now. I'd heard the name, but not the music. This is really brilliant! Ta for the share. I was a big fan two minutes into "The Golden Age".