Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Fixed] Forum email broken
Apparently anti-civ.net isn't sending out emails. That's including user activation emails, which are "kind of important". It's also including people emailing via the contact form. Maybe it also includes other things that I don't know of.

It would have been helpful if there were error messages of any kind, so that I'd actually found out about this, but there weren't, so I didn't; until someone emailed me, personally, about not getting their activation email.

No idea how long this has been broken, but the vast majority of undelivered emails are following the May 21st unscheduled maintenance, so that's my current bet.

I mentioned the issue to the server sysadmin who stoically observed the situation as being "suboptimal". I agree.

Hopefully we'll have it fixed today, and those 24 people who are wanting to post here will get to.

Please accept my sincere & humble "oops".
It should be fixed now. Hopefully all the verification emails have been sent out—my one test case was, at least. If not… hey-ho. Not much I can do about that, as far as I know.