Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think Out Loud: Anarchy And Civilization
«One of the most prominent anarchists in the country lives in Eugene. At 74 years old, John Zerzan isn’t necessarily marching through the streets in a black face mask, but he has written a new book attempting to explain the history of civilization. Zerzan’s book, “The History of Civilization,” argues that human beings – and the planet – were better off when we were hunter gatherers.»

https://www.spreaker.com/user/oregonpubl...vilization

The interviewer sets the tone beautifully with this wonderful parable:

«There are these two young fish swimming along, and they happen to meet an older fish swimming the other way, who nods at them and says, “Morning, boys. How’s the water?” And the two young fish swim on for a bit, and then eventually one of them looks over at the other and goes, “What the hell is water?”»

And that is the perspective of most people vis-à-vis anti-civ thinking. So I thought that was a great piece of journalism right there. And his questions are good too—they're penetrating but not obtuse. And John's answers are sincere. Just a great interview.
Yeah I did not mean to insinuate in any way that this is informative to us regular posters. I just thought both the interviewer and JZ did a good job at getting at what anarcho-primitivism is about.

It's probably a nice interview to send around to people who are anti-civ-curious, even if it is anprim-centric.
Thanks Alexander. I agree, definitely a good interview with JZ giving a nice overview of anti-civ.