Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backwoods: A Journal of Anarchy and Wortcunning
(Mon, 11 Jun 2018 12:42:47 +0000, 12:42 PM)alexander Wrote:
(Sat, 12 May 2018 15:42:40 +0000, 03:42 PM)|0|__|0| Wrote: I sent Bellamy an email from the forum here, yet no response.
Does anyone knows where to get this ?

Just wanted to note that Bellamy has replied to |0|__|0|, and sent out copies to several posters on this forum.

Just so no one thinks Bellamy's not responding or is otherwise flaky. :)

Yes i can confirm this, sorry guys didn't want to induce any misunderstanding around here, i should have written here but i forgot.
To redeem myself I'll write here has soon as i get my copies.
Thank you for clarifying this Alexander.
Weirdly enough after my post yesterday, everything arrived today.
I have only had time to read the back cover and the introduction and already interests me greatly, at least it talks about the stuff that im more interested this days, like anti-civ and ecology, im sure it will be a good read.
(Tue, 08 May 2018 20:28:33 +0000, 08:28 PM)wil Wrote: I tried to order from LBC but it didn't work because I live in Portugal. Do you know how much it would cost to send me a copy?

glad to see you got a copy, wil, but for the sake of clarity, lbc does mail to portugal. sometimes the international connection for the post office glitches (and sometimes it doesnt), so you can always either try again, or contact lbc and they can figure out postage for you directly.
(Sun, 01 Jul 2018 18:17:39 +0000, 06:17 PM)tool-user Wrote:
(Tue, 08 May 2018 20:28:33 +0000, 08:28 PM)wil Wrote: I tried to order from LBC but it didn't work because I live in Portugal. Do you know how much it would cost to send me a copy?

glad to see you got a copy, wil, but for the sake of clarity, lbc does mail to portugal. sometimes the international connection for the post office glitches (and sometimes it doesnt), so you can always either try again, or contact lbc and they can figure out postage for you directly.

Does LBC mail to Ireland by any chance?
Anyone know where to get Bellamy's book Corrosive Consciousness? LBC is out of stock, and the only other source I can find doesn't ship to Canada.

Thanks.
Hey all,
Please pardon my disappearing and reappearing on this forum - I'm just really bad at being consistent with telecommunications, and I apologize if it seems disrespectful.

Odin and Zhachev, I can send you a copy of the book if you e-mail me at bellamyfitzpatrick@riseup.net.

The aforementioned essay ("Symbiogenetic Desire") is published in the new Return Fire - https://325.nostate.net/2018/07/02/onlin...-vol-5-uk/ - (it was previously published in the Enemy Combatant pamphlet "Egoist Ecologies"). I would write it differently now, as this was when I was at my most extreme Stirnerian phase about three or four years ago.

In joy and horror,
~Bellamy
"Email address failed validation" bellamyfitzpatrick@riseup.net

Are you on some kind of encrypted server?

EDIT: never mind, I accidentally had put a period after 'net' in the address.

Thanks!
I anxiously await for number 2, keep it on Bellamy.
(Sun, 15 Jul 2018 23:15:27 +0000, 11:15 PM)Zhachev Wrote: I'm not at all comfortable sending my mailing address to a Riseup.net account and server. Who knows when it might end up with the Feds. I'm personally not looking for handouts, either, took me quite some time to put money away for the book back in May and I still want to use that, but thanks for the kind offer.

I know enough about the positions in CC to begin to raise some questions about it, and perhaps level some criticism, but struggle to find the motivation. Writing polemical shit for free sucks, and none of these discussions really matter at all (mostly in a quantitative way). We're out of fucking time, humans (specifically Homo sapiens) are the problem and always will be. All we've been doing is chatting and gossiping on the Internet. Our species must be greatly reduced, or better yet, eliminated altogether, and one can't even recommend this pro-actively, for reasons that are all too obvious — most glaringly, you'd need the cooperation of many of the individuals in our species to accomplish something of this scale quickly enough. This sounds a lot like a revolution, and we all know those don't work to escape anything.

- I don't think the criticism of biocentrism is well-founded.

- The philosophy of permaculture is a humanist philosophy (something it shares in common with H-G AP), and therefore harmfully anthropocentric.

- I think wildness/Nature has conceptual usefulness beyond the reification of the naive realists.

- I think domestication is a valid concept, but would never define it in the same way as the naive realists.

- Moving beyond dualistic logic and Manichaeism, I think spirituality and religiosity in regards to certain approaches to Nature can be helpful.

Zhachev,
I am very pessimistic, too, but I have arrived at the (provisional) conclusion that all I can do is pursue a project of reconnection to and reinhabitation in Nature and articulate to others as best I can why I think they should do the same. I don't see a mass solution, only a human-scale one that would have to be practiced thousands upon thousands of different ways in as many places among as many groups of people. I unfortunately think a collapse is more likely, in which case I still think what I am doing makes sense as far as trying to survive and/or leave something behind for others to find that points toward a new way of living.

Can you get me your mailing address in a way that is comfortable to you?

- I wrote that piece at a time when I was quite obsessed with reification, and it doesn't reflect how I think about things now. I still think all of those perspectives and concepts are useful critical tools, but I am way more open to ideas like capital-N Nature and wildness, as well as spiritual approaches to rewilding than I used to be. It's too much to babble about here, but my writing in /Backwoods/ will reflect this change.

- We're very critical of permaculture in /Backwoods/, but I don't think that means throwing out everything in that whole tendency.

- I now agree that domestication is a valid concept and no longer want to throw the baby out with the bathwater - but I do think it has been poorly defined up until now, especially as regards praxis (since just plunging into HG lifeways is really not at all practical for most people in most places). We're going to try to take this (in my view very complex) issue up in a new light - including what one can *do* with the critique of domestication - in /Backwoods/.

- As for talking face-to-face, I live in upstate NY, in the rural area east of Albany, and I am happy to have guests.