Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deep green resistance
What do people here think about deep green resistance? Anyone any experience with them? 

deepgreenresistance.org/en/

I just came across their site a few weeks back. I think they interesting enough since it's one of the only environmental groups iv came across on the internet that believe in revolution against civilization and damage created by it to the earth. 

While trying to research about them I came across an article saying about a bunch of people that were involved had left because of transphobia, so they sound a bit dodgy.
yes, DGR as an organization (which means, in reality, the personal philosophies of its two [out of the original three] remaining leaders) is anti-trans. but even before that emerged as a public relations blunder (to some), the structure and ideology of DGR should have been an issue for anti-authoritarians. DGR dismissed the actions of ELF/ALF activists for being insufficiently effective (despite the millions of dollars in sabotage and lost revenue to ecofuckers and animal exploiters), so they promote the "successful" (?) models of semi-clandestine and semi-aboveground armed political factions like the IRA and the ANC to promote their triple-tiered hierarchy. it has an explicitly paramilitary command structure. this should have been a problem for any anarchist and anti-authoritarian from the outset, but sadly, many otherwise intelligent folks had to wait for the anti-trans bullshit before they felt queasy about DGR. then there's the ease with which both Jensen and Keith call the cops to protect them from folks who are perhaps more radical than they are (Jensen went to the FBI when he felt someone had issued a death threat against him, and Keith called the cops after she was pied by some vegan "terrorists" a bunch of years ago at the SF anarchist bookfair).
(Wed, 25 Apr 2018 04:26:57 +0000, 04:26 AM)badger23 Wrote: then there's the ease with which both Jensen and Keith call the cops to protect them from folks who are perhaps more radical than they are (Jensen went to the FBI when he felt someone had issued a death threat against him, and Keith called the cops after she was pied by some vegan "terrorists" a bunch of years ago at the SF anarchist bookfair).

I went to protest Jensen and the DGR month or so ago and I can corraborate that DGR is in fact a pig fest. In addition to the half a dozen pigs that I saw there was also this one guy toward the back staring daggers at everyone. It wasn't until later that I found out that he was a member of the oathkeepers which for the uninitiated are a far-right paramilitary group that deals in terrorizing immigrants and muslims. So yeah Derrick Jensen and the DGR can go to hell
If hard work pays show me rich donkey
(Wed, 25 Apr 2018 04:26:57 +0000, 04:26 AM)badger23 Wrote: yes, DGR as an organization (which means, in reality, the personal philosophies of its two [out of the original three] remaining leaders) is anti-trans. but even before that emerged as a public relations blunder (to some), the structure and ideology of DGR should have been an issue for anti-authoritarians. DGR dismissed the actions of ELF/ALF activists for being insufficiently effective (despite the millions of dollars in sabotage and lost revenue to ecofuckers and animal exploiters), so they promote the "successful" (?) models of semi-clandestine and semi-aboveground armed political factions like the IRA and the ANC to promote their triple-tiered hierarchy. it has an explicitly paramilitary command structure. this should have been a problem for any anarchist and anti-authoritarian from the outset, but sadly, many otherwise intelligent folks had to wait for the anti-trans bullshit before they felt queasy about DGR. then there's the ease with which both Jensen and Keith call the cops to protect them from folks who are perhaps more radical than they are (Jensen went to the FBI when he felt someone had issued a death threat against him, and Keith called the cops after she was pied by some vegan "terrorists" a bunch of years ago at the SF anarchist bookfair).

Yeah I was turned off by their structure. I was reminded of Sinn Fein/IRA and the other republican groups, I thought it strange that DGR openly promoted such structures, the republican groups in Ireland dont even do that. Thats funny that he went to the state for help,although I'm not to surprised, a lot of these radical lefty types are watery.