Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technology the enemy, or maybe not and then again...
On my yet small knowledge on anti-civ i have been wondering about the role of technology.
I understand that technology created under the state is inherently corruptive and enslaving.
But i can't seem yet, to see any problem while creating technology on a, free post-colapse stateless world, or is it that by creating and developing technology in that stateless world that the enslaving state would came into existence ?
Then again that would mean for a real free egalitarian society to exist, human "development" would stagnate necessarily and we would be stopped in time, living happily and compassionate life's for sure.

P.s - I haven't put into consideration the spiritual "development", we don't need technology for that i suppose.
The primary cause of the development of technology is as a device to save labour, in other words to save the capital from employing labour power. It does not appear as such to us but that is all it is. Mankind thrived for a million years without the invention of the wheel. It was only with the advent of civilisation (exploitative society) that it was seen fit by the Expropriator to sponsor the invention of the wheel. The Luddites of England knew this instinctively and smashed the immediate symbol of their oppression, the machine. They failed to stop the machine because they did not have the means to stop the anti-social relationship that caused it to be. Our day is coming.

I do not own the rights to this music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il8gEDRSLvE
(Thu, 08 Mar 2018 18:47:46 +0000, 06:47 PM)KyXen Wrote: The primary cause of the development of technology is as a device to save labour, in other words to save the capital from employing labour power. It does not appear as such to us but that is all it is. Mankind thrived for a million years without the invention of the wheel. It was only with the advent of civilisation (exploitative society) that it was seen fit by the Expropriator to sponsor the invention of the wheel. The Luddites of England knew this instinctively and smashed the immediate symbol of their oppression, the machine. They failed to stop the machine because they did not have the means to stop the anti-social relationship that caused it to be. Our day is coming.

I do not own the rights to this music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il8gEDRSLvE

That is very interesting stuff and makes a lot of sense, a lot to think about, there is maybe still some smaller technology useful for personal use.
Also as the planet gets massively populated maybe technology can help our well being ? Or even to go away and colonize other worlds ???
I think a lot of people think that technology = gadgets. So when they say "technology is good", "technology is bad", or, more commonly, "technology is neutral", what they really mean is that iPhones, microwaves, and aëro-planes, are good/bad/neutral. However, in technology critiques, "technology" means something very different. It is about social relationships, not products. We use tools (products), but technology uses us. Viz., technology is a way of organising society. As such, I would say that a free society based on technology is impossible.

This doesn't mean that we can't have tools (products). But it does mean that certain tools, that we now have, has got to go, because there is no free way of making them and maintaining them and so on. The only way to make iPhones is by mining rare earth minerals. The only way to have global aëro-plane transport is through highly complex hierarchical logistics, and in order to fly the things we need lots of fuel, and so on.