Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello people on the internet
greetings from norway!

Went from misfit/forest rambler/drop out with leftist hubris to actually somewhat systematizing (is that how you say it?) my thoughts and then ended up in the land of anti-civ.

After a slight detour (ridding myself of said leftist hubris) I'm back to the forests. When the land is not covered in snow/ice I like to grow food, forage and fish.

Trying to get by, learn stuff and staying somewhat sane doing it.

Glad to have found this "place" and looking forward to seeing (reading) what people are up to and what kind of thinking they do.

Getting more into bioremediation as the years go by and as my gardening skills are increasing. I figure that once there were possible to subsist to a large extent outside the system without land ownership etc, but with the destruction of the landscape it is less so.
So I'm interested in recreating such a landscape, both from a personal interest and as Gary Snyder (I think) said:
"the most revolutionary consciousness is to be found among the most ruthlessly exploited classes: Animals, trees, water, air, grasses".
Hallo! I'd never heard the phrase bioremediation until now. That sounds very cool. Nor did I know Gary Snyder; but that's a great line! I'll look up both the concept and the person.

I'm in Norway too, so feel free to teach me gardening sometime! I've been wanting to do some stuff on my veranda, but it seems the key to success is… having the key to success. What plants/herbs to do, when to do them, &c. All of which is contextual—i.e. specific to your location. So any tips would be nice!
(Sat, 23 Dec 2017 12:04:36 +0000, 12:04 PM)alexander Wrote: Hallo! I'd never heard the phrase bioremediation until now. That sounds very cool. Nor did I know Gary Snyder; but that's a great line! I'll look up both the concept and the person.

I'm in Norway too, so feel free to teach me gardening sometime! I've been wanting to do some stuff on my veranda, but it seems the key to success is… having the key to success. What plants/herbs to do, when to do them, &c. All of which is contextual—i.e. specific to your location. So any tips would be nice!

Never grown much in pots, but I reckon it is much the same as any other gardening. Whatever I might know I'm happy to share, so just let me know!

I really like the poetry of Gary Snyder, so if your into that sort of stuff I think it is worth to check out. Mountains and Rivers Without End and Riprap and Cold Mountain are both books I would recommend!