Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Stirnerites" and The Politics of Internet Troll Culture
Quote:One of the points about which Malatesta and Galleani clashed regularly was precisely the question of whether it was necessary to plan what would be created after the revolution or not."

"The Persistent Refusal...", of the revolution occurring under your nose.

"Galleani is best known for his enthusiastic advocacy of violence... to eliminate tyrants and oppressors and to act as a catalyst to the overthrow of existing government institutions."

Our comrade Malatesta was a social revolutionary and active participant in the revolutionary working class movement. "Malatesta warned that... anarchists must always have overthrowing capitalism and the state [not merely governmental institutions and its chiefs], and the anarchist ideal of communist society as their end..."

Means and ends must correlate, and murder has no place in the proletarian revolution.

The essential error of the ideological left wing  Galleani included  is to equate bourgeois, political revolutions with the proletarian, social revolution, as cataclysmic events after which a revolutionary change in the mode of production occurs. Malatesta made no such error.

Proletarian revolution is the violent overthrow of the bourgeoisie accompanied by a wresting of the means of production from the hands of that class by which means the working class uses its economic power to wrestle democratic political power away from the committees (Parliaments) of the bourgeoisie by means of its negation: every man, woman, child and animal representing itself. This revolution is not televised, not proclaimed as such in the academic and popular journals. This revolution is the revolution without beginning nor end (at least not in the memory of the living, only buried in their psyche). This revolution began at the dawn of Civilisation and will end at The End.
(Mon, 27 Nov 2017 11:20:50 +0000, 11:20 AM)KyXen Wrote: Proletarian revolution is the violent overthrow of the bourgeoisie accompanied by a wresting of the means of production from the hands of that class by which means the working class uses its economic power to wrestle democratic political power away from the committees...

Preach on, preacher, preach on! Hallelujah!
Impotent flaming, not with profane terminology but with religious, St Matt.
(Mon, 27 Nov 2017 15:12:34 +0000, 03:12 PM)KyXen Wrote: Flaming?

Just crackin' a bit of a joke.

Lighten up and have a sense of humour about yourself.
And is it simply good humoured to describe another person's thoughts as "platitudes" and "nonsensical"?

I find it exceptionally easy to laugh at myself but not at your "jokes".

Did you hear the one about the rabbi, the acrobat and the crucifix?
(Tue, 28 Nov 2017 14:46:22 +0000, 02:46 PM)KyXen Wrote: And is it simply good humoured to describe another person's thoughts as "platitudes" and "nonsensical"?

Not to you, perhaps. But, if the shoe fits...
If....
(Tue, 28 Nov 2017 15:14:29 +0000, 03:14 PM)KyXen Wrote: If....

Give me decent reason to think otherwise.
Back to the topic in hand, the politics of internet Troll culture:

Isn't all so-called social media basically trolling? Can the internet ever effect social change? Are we not all as good as a plastic troll on the garden path? Inanimate.

I have three experiences of trolling that I can recall. Nationalists on social-democratic threads winding up the goose; officious administrators on a libertarian website enforcing their doctrine by means of the accusation of trolling against a dissenter; and when I trolled Ricky Jervais's Facebook page to take the piss out of his sycophantic followers.
(Tue, 28 Nov 2017 15:24:50 +0000, 03:24 PM)KyXen Wrote: Back to the topic in hand, the politics of internet Troll culture:

You giving me a decent reason to think that you aren't just spouting platitudes is the topic at hand. This entire conversation has been a case study in internet troll culture. Now let's hear it.