Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomahawk Missile Strikes in Syria
Alrighty, so I'm sure you all heard about the sarin gas attack the other day in Idlib, Syria. Well, now Trump has redirected the ship for full-speed ahead for self-annihilation, more so than we were before. 

At the time of writing this, the situation is, in short: The U.S. launched roughly 50-60 tomahawk cruise missiles into an airbase near Homs, Syria, fairly suddenly and, as far as I know, without warning. It's apparently in retaliation for the gas attack and, to add more to a shitty situation, there were apparently Russian soldiers stationed there and present at the time of the strike. Allegedly, the parts of the airbase that the Russians were stationed in were not targeted, but, as far as I know, the status of those soldiers is not known.

So, it looks like we're at war in Syria now, and we might also get reeled into war with Russia as well. My thoughts are that he's starting war in an attempt to rally support for his wildly unpopular administration (last I checked, his approval was around 38%), similar to what Bush did back with the Iraq War and the War in Afghanistan. 

So, what are y'all's general thoughts on the situation and what should our game plan be as anarchists and/or as a general anti-civ milieu?
I'm not sure that I have any commentary on anything about Russia, a war, or really even the Trump administration, but just to offer a stark comparison.

According to this: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-...ck-n743636

we launched 59 tomahawk cruise missiles. According to the 2015 military budget each missile costs 1.59 million dollars. You can find that information here: http://comptroller.defense.gov/Portals/4...df#page=65

In 2016 the cost of healthcare spread out among every man, woman and child came to an all time high of $10,345. Information here: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/new-...er-person/

So by my rough math this means that for missile costs alone this could have paid for 9,086 people's healthcare costs for a whole year.

This is what we get when we have a globalized industrial war-machine. Some are saying this is how Trump is trying to rally support because his approval is tanking quick - what a shitty thing that it's easier to get approval ratings by bombing people (granted in response to a horrific act of genocide with chemical weapons: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/06/world....html?_r=0) than to fund people's health and well-being.  
They want us to die.
We are the surplus of the megamachine, we're only fodder to feed the reinforcement and proliferation of its organs of power. 
No amount of "Anti-State" and "Anti-Capitalism" is going to fix this, we have to embark on a process that overthrows the whole thing, the whole history of knowledge production is steeped in patriarchal domination and glorification of slaughter.

Civilization feeds off of death, it is death. We need to build a new mode of being that produces life in more abundance than anyone could ever imagine.
(Fri, 07 Apr 2017 03:02:41 +0000, 03:02 AM)autonomia Wrote: So, it looks like we're at war in Syria now, and we might also get reeled into war with Russia as well. My thoughts are that he's starting war in an attempt to rally support for his wildly unpopular administration (last I checked, his approval was around 38%), similar to what Bush did back with the Iraq War and the War in Afghanistan. 

I'm always skeptical of attributing the ability to plot to Trump. Bannon? Yes. But the whole White House is in disarray and everything is just a pretty straight forward reaction. I think the Syria bombing is as simple as this: it's a distraction. Trump is such a narcissist that he thinks one missile strike would be enough to send a message without having, as noted widely, any further planning. 
It might have been explained to him that Russia would take this as an act of aggression and he probably thought that would be enough to deter the Russia investigations, which it isn't. 
It's not that any of this isn't deadly serious, but it just shows the nearly comical level of incompetence here. Any attempt to plan around where this will head next might have to rely on the quickly out-dated notion that there's even a bigger picture where this act fits in. And there isn't. 
As far as an anti-civ follow up? Unrelentingly use this and everything else to show that we're headed towards a cliff and that no one is driving. It's a pretty clear case that the only de-escalation that is going to happen will come when the grid is rendered obsolete.
This is merely consolidation by the national world powers to gobble up fighting amongst each other the last remaining natural resources of the planet mainly petroleum to fuel modern technological infrastructure.  Conflicts like this will become more common place within the next twenty years.

Islamic radicalism was a convenient invented ploy to invade Middle Eastern nations and has worked very remarkable concerning western industrial nations however forces in Eurasia and eastern Asia are in on it also concerning their own long term national infrastructure projects.

This is a global race to the bottom of an almost zero sum game in terms of resource corporate colonization of nations where oil and petroleum are the last places where it is abundant.  Of course this abundance is extremely temporary where the idea is whatever nation that controls the last (peaking) amount globally wins in terms of unilateral global domination. This is basically the end game of modern civilization and total domination of the planet by whatever major national superpower that is successful in having a global trade monopolization.
Also, you will notice in the United States neo conservatives have effectively captivated all political parties. There are virtually no differences within political parties on setting foreign international policy. They are all unified under corporate imperialism, war, and military interventionism.
(Fri, 07 Apr 2017 03:02:41 +0000, 03:02 AM)autonomia Wrote: So, it looks like we're at war in Syria now...

In what sense are you at war with Syria?